October 28 @ 10:30 am – 3:30 pm
Goose Quest at National Trust for Scotland Threave Nature Reserve drop-in activities throughout the day –
- follow the lives of our resident greylag geese and the incredible journeys of our visiting barnacle, pink-footed and Greenland white-fronted geese
- explore our wetland, grassland and woodland habitats while looking for clues along the Goose Trail
- enjoy family craft activities and a cup of tea or coffee at the Information Point
- see what you can spot through the scopes at our wildlife hides
- find out more about the innovative land restoration project underway at Threave Nature Reserve
NTS Rangers and Volunteers will be on hand to help you get the most out of your visit, and to help you spot wildlife at our hides.
Picnic areas are available, or enjoy lunch or cakes at our café just a few minutes’ drive away at Threave Garden.
Threave Nature Reserve is just off the A75 Castle Douglas bypass – follow signs for Threave Castle (please note we are not at Threave Garden, which is signposted separately).
BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL
Accessibility Details: Smooth wide gravel paths around the reserve. Wheelchair accessible toilet on site. The circular trail is 1.5km. Please contact us as accessibility may depend on weather conditions and activities – [email protected]
Age Restriction: All ages – children must be accompanied by adults